● 5th biggest city in France, Capital of the Alpes-Maritimes
● 383 400 inhabitants, 7 192 hectares
● 7500 m beach
● 300 ha parks and gardens
● 150 ponds and fountains
● First touristic destination in France after Paris
● Over 4 millions visitors a year
● 1st domestic and international airport after Paris Airports with close to 10 millions passengers every year and 58 airlines flying to 105 destinations
● 1st french cruising port
● 1 congress city after Paris
● 18 museums and art galleries
● 181 hotels and close to 10.000 rooms.
Whichever time of year you stay in Nice, just check-in at the Lido hostel, leave your luggage and simply cross the street to discover the Negresco Palace and the Promenade des Anglais for an enjoyable walk or a swim !
NICE benefits from a large number of museums (18) and art galleries. Choose between the Chagall Museum, the Matisse Museum, the Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art, the museum of Natural History, the Museum of Fine Arts, the Museum of Asian Arts, the Fransiscan Museum, the Museum of Naive Art, the Museum of Archeology, the museum of Paleontology, the Theatre of the Image and Photography, the Palais Lascaris, the villa Arson.
There are also numbers of monuments and churches to visit.
Walking up or catching the lift, enjoy the waterfall and the panoramic view from the top of the hill ! Discover the Old Town (fish market, daily flower market on the Cours Saleya except Mondays where the antique market takes place) and its typical colorful streets. Entertainment is guaranteed day and night !
Use and abuse of the public transports (all buses for 1 euro, regular local trains) to discover only a few kilometers from Nice
● East: the stunning villages of Villefranche sur mer, Beaulieu, the Cap Ferrat, Eze or Monaco and Italy
● West : Antibes, Biot, Valbonne, Mougins, Saint Paul de Vence or Cannes and the Lerins Islands
● Just a little further, Saint Tropez, Grasse the centre of the perfume industry or all the perched villages in the back country of Nice